Saturday, April 4, 2015

Meet P*A*T - Our New Photography*Art*Travel Blog


Family and Friends,

New Blog Launch!

Over the last 10 years, as my interests in photography and art (specifically creating watercolors) have grown along with opportunities to travel, I've tried to blend these in a meaningful way. Dropping you email notes along with a few photos of interesting art, unusual or picturesque places has helped maintain connections and share news. Some of you have kindly suggested I write a book or travelogue. Rather than invest in an endeavor that feels too much like "work", I'd like to make my missives a bit more artful and entertaining, in the form of an intermittent blog.

Why P*A*T you ask? At the suggestion of a clever family member, those three letters suggest the character and content of this blog (photography, art, travel) and more personally, Pat (or more accurately, Patty Lou) was my late mother's name. While not that interested in photography herself, she did give me my first camera; a brown and white plastic unit, purchased with the help of a coupon taken from a Hershey's Cocoa tin. She was also a great art lover and amateur oil painter, who introduced me to the wonders and joys of art history. My mother yearned to "see and do" in any locale that seemed exotic and exciting. Though she had traveled around the US, to Europe, and Asia as a military wife with 5 children, that travel was hardly thrilling, unusual or stimulating. Therefore, I dedicate this blog to my mother, Patty Lou, and hope that somehow her spirit is accompanying us and having vicarious fun.

B&P
Summer evening dinner cruise
 on the Seine with Notre Dame reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment